Thursday, February 4, 2010

Think Before You Speak Argument

I truly do like the idea that "Think Before you Speak" is trying to put out there. I like how they have a lot of situated proof. My favorite part is the counter on the side of the website that says how many times certain words are used on twitter. I find this ingenious actually. They also provide real proof from people who sign a pledge or make their own movies and post them. Obviously, for people to take so much time as to create their own PSA, there must be a very strong following to this cause.
The impact of celebrities is somewhat affective here, but their PSA's were not exactly what I was hoping for. They overhear groups using the phrase "that's so gay" and then tell them to use another word and pretty much insult the group that said it. Insulting someone who is using insulting language is kind of a double standard and hypocritical.

No comments:

Post a Comment