Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Debate response

I definitely side with Nick on the issue of public schools and private schools. I feel he touched on the fact that there should be the choice no matter what for parents and kids to attend whichever school they feel appropriate. I like that he touched on the fact that there are a range of private schools for different social classes and also that there are private schools devoted to not only just education, but also a religious education as well. I think I wanted to hear more from both sides on the issue of smaller learning environment and how private schools really have the advantage there. From the other side of the debate, there should have been argument on the over crowding of public schools and a less individualistic education. I graduated from a class of 800 people and had classrooms of up to 60 people. It was rather difficult for the teacher to connect with everyone in the room. Overall, however, I believe private schools are important to our economy and our stance as a democracy. There are difficult debates about how only the rich can send their children to private schools, and I think that debate deserves more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment